(Hover over the images below to view)
The Multiflood® series comprises of the LS3042 passive RGB LED panel and the PS020B DMX-Controlled RGB power supply. It provides a unique solution for mobile and fixed disco and stage light applications where chase light and light organ effects are required - with maximum ease of use, high brightness and low power consumption. Being aware that today’s customer demands a fast return on their investment, the Multiflood series is built to the highest quality standards, but still fits any budget. The Multiflood® series is tested and certified to comply with all major safety regulations, environmental protection requirements and electromagnetic emission/immission demands.
LED-Based Color Panels
The LS3042 passive RGB LED panel uses three panels with each 42 LEDs of either red, green or blue color. Each color panel can be tilted by ±10 degrees in the horizontal plane to increase light beam coverage. The nearly infinite lifetime of the LEDs (more than 50000 hours) grants years of maintenance-free operation and reduces the cost of ownership. With less than 40 Watts of total power consumption, running a whole lighting system from a standard 10A or 16A fused AC circuit is becoming reality.
The most advanced technologies have been implemented into the Multiflood® series to cope with the most demanding applications:
- The unique MULTICELL® structure of the LEDs combines 5 diode chips into one LED, which allows a much higher brightness and light consistency than any standard LED, but distributes heat generation over a larger area than common high-power LEDs, which diminishes the need for forced cooling.
- The LEDs are embedded into highly polished reflectors to further enhance light output and dispersion control.
- The PS020B DMX-Controlled RGB power supply is a switch-mode design driving an array of constant current sources – providing perfect control over the LED current to ensure optimized LED lifetime at all AC inputs voltages from 85-250V. Running the LEDs at nominal current also keeps heat dissipation low, so the Multiflood® series products do not require any noisy forced cooling and hence also fit in quiet environments.
- The PS020B DMX-Controlled RGB power supply uses an advanced, microprocessor-driven BAM brightness control. This keeps the current through the LEDs constant at all dimming levels, avoiding color deviation during dimming.
Ease Of Use
User-friendliness has been a major guideline during the design of the Multiflood® series. Unlike other LED fixture drivers, the PS020B DMX-Controlled RGB power supply offers maximum flexibility while only occupying 4 consecutive DMX channels with freely assignable start address, which significantly simplifies DMX setup and programming. All settings are easily done by 3 push button switches and one rotary control, assisted by a 3-digit display. The following modes are available:
- Automatic: In this stand-alone mode, 17 different programs are available, from soft and hard color fades to flash sequences. A sound-to-light function can optionally be activated, and the speed can be set by the user.
- DMX Mix: this mode allows the red, green and blue panel to be individually controlled via the first three DMX channels, while a strobe function with adjustable speed is available via the 4th channel.
- DMX Preset: This mode allows to remotely call off color presets, chases and strobe sequences via DMX.
An inbuilt, switchable DMX termination and the disengageable LED display suit any installation situation. A DMX signal LED indicates whether a DMX signal is received. On the road, the switch mode power supply grants constant light output, regardless of which country you are in or whether you run your system from a stable AC supply or a mobile generator.
The Multiflood® series provides an architecturally friendly appearance with its sleek, modern design, where the flat LS3042 passive RGB LED panel and the separate PS020B DMX-Controlled RGB power supply allow to be mounted together or separate. The LEDs are protected by a highly transparent PC screen to avoid negative influence by dust. Our versatile bracket design leaves the choice of using the Multiflood® series hanging or standing on the floor. A M6 mounting point for a safety lug and a slot to tie cables to the bracket serve as safety features.
The Multiflood® series is made from metal in all essential mechanical parts – and hence withstands the rigors of the mobile business. Only high quality aluminum and electro-galvanized steel is used to ensure that the risk of corrosion in humid environments is minimized. All steel parts are painted with hard-wearing powder coat. On the electronics side, only FR4 fibre-reinforced resin PCBs are used, which endure vibration and humidity. Wherever sensible, SMT technology is applied to provide a maximum of reliability, and wherever necessary (such as the DMX transceiver IC in the PS020B DMX-Controlled RGB power supply), parts are in sockets so that in-field service by qualified technicians is a breeze.
Multiflood® LS3042 passive RGB LED panel
Number of LEDs: 126 5-Chip LEDs = 630 LED elements
Arrangement: 42 red, 42 green, 42 blue
Dispersion angle: 28 degrees
Supply requirements: 3×24V/600mA DC
Total power consumption: Max. 37.8W
Dimensions WxHxD: with bracket 19" x 12" x 2.5"; without bracket 10.5" x 10" x 2.5"
Order Code: 99-010-0227-00001-9-01
PS020B DMX-controlled RGB power supply
Supply voltage range: 85-250V, 50-60Hz.
Output: 3×24V/max. 750mA (total max. 2A)
Control protocol: DMX512 (1990)
Modulation system: Bit Angle Modulation (BAM)
Dimensions WxHxD: 5.3" × 4.2" x 1.4"
Order Code: 99-010-0017-00001-9-60